TomCrow
I'm Tom from Cumbria.

I've just bought a 2003 1.4l 16v (100bhp). My previous cars were a 2011 2.0TSI Scirocco and a 2015 Polo GTi. Had a kid so needed to get rid of the hatchback to buy a family car. 

Bought the 9N as a bit of a project. I am planning on doing an engine swap for a VAG 1.8T in the distant future but for now I'm going to upgrade the brakes and suspension (lower it by 35-40mm)

Here is where I need some help. From what I've read I need to keep any new alloys around the 15-16" diameter but the upgrade brake kits state they require a 17" alloy to allow fitting. Does anyone know if fitting 17s would be detrimental to the drive or set up of the vehicle or if it would require any further modifications?

Thanks, Tom

kiran_182

To keep the same rolling radius you'd need lower profile tyres that will make it a shade less comfy but a shade more responsive

• Like 1

TomCrow
2 hours ago, kiran_182 said:

Thank you. I found the calculation I was looking for. Example (in case anyone was curious):

Tyre specs: 195/55R15

A = 195

B = 55

C = 15

X = A * (B÷100) + ((C*25.4)÷2) 

X = 297.75mm

The change is satisfactory as long as the new measurement is within 2.5% of the original. 

Edited by TomCrow

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• jon.byles
      By jon.byles
      I'm thinking on getting some 9N seats for my 6N2.

Will they fit? If not what would I have to do to get them to fit?

Thanks in advance,
      Jon
    • TheBookOfPoon
      By TheBookOfPoon
      Hi,
      apologies if this is the wrong section of the forum (im new to posting here, long time lurker)
      i have a polo 9n 1.2 3 cylinder, i have heard that it is possible to swap the throttle bodies from that of a mk4 golf, is there a specific engine size from the golf that i need to get it from or will they all fit, i dont know if the golfs use a universal size or they change with engine size which i assume, any help will be appreciated.

also i have had trouble of finding exhaust systems that will fit the car, i have a quote of 150 to get a custom backbox made by hand, however is there any full catback systems that you guys use on your polo's
      many thanks,

• James Ratcliffe
      By James Ratcliffe
      Hi

Does anyone have an idea of what my BBS RA 15inch are worth? 

There are some chips in the paint on 3 of them. All need new tyres. 

Looking to sell asap.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Yeti
      By Yeti
      Anyone on here? 
    • Brandon Kowalski
      By Brandon Kowalski
      Hi all, very new round here just got my first car a '93 Breadvan, does anyone know if 14" P-slots off a mk2 Golf will fit my car, hasnt been lowere, 

any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines