Sign in to follow this  
Mollie

Do I have a rare car.... ?

Mollie

Hi there, I'm new to the owners club. 

I've had my Polo for just over a year - the lady I bought it from told me it was a rare car (only 6 versions made), I wondered if anyone could tell me if this was correct - I thought it may have been a sales technique, but I've never seen another one like it !

It's a 2001 Black Colour Concept Open Air - I was told they only did one Open Air Colour Concept in each colour ?  It has a nice spec, red leather (heated) Recaro seats, BBS Alloys and the full retracting roof. Can't find anything on-line, anyone have any ideas ? 

Many thanks, 

Mollie :)

Guest VeeDub Master

That's correct only one Open Air, Colour Concept in each particular colour - Just 6 made, it wasn't a sales technique. 

Keep hold of it !!!

Elijah

Post some pictures of it.  I’ve never seen a colour concept open air.  Is it petrol or diesel.

kiran_182

Get a proper insurance valuation that takes into account is 1 of a kind

Elijah

For sale on the eBay looks a stunning car.

why does it have to be so far up into Scotland, that far even for me and I have family in Scotland.

kiran_182

Watching, hope it goes for a good price

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• GazzP87
      By GazzP87
      Hi again. So after chatting on here and trying to solve the problems on starting after refuelling. I’ve got some questions and hope someone can help out!?!! 🙂 
      So each time I refuel I have problems starting. Sometimes it happens when it’s warm and I’ve turned it off and tried to start again a short time after. Once it does fire up I get a really rich smell with a cloud of light smoke out the back. 
      Someone said it sounds like the pressure regulator. Because I’ve established that the fuel pump is working properly. Any one else had issues like this? Please help. G
    • issie
      By issie
      After owning a breadvan very briefly in 2012 I’m back in a Polo- this time a 6n2 as a daily. Also own a 2015 Audi S3 but the Polo will be my run around/daily car. It’s on coilovers (not looked to see what ones yet) and wolf race alloys too. 
      So far I need a drivers side manual (wind up) window regulator and new mechanism to open to drivers door from the inside. No massive dramas and I’m very happy with it so far. 

• benny66
      By benny66
      I have my vw polo 6n2 gti, in reflex silver, for sale.
      I have owed this car since 2010 and its been my daily driver up until May 2017 when it was replaced (only as I needed something bigger/more practical). Has been stored in my parents garage since then. 

Firstly it has NO MOT or TAX so will need to be trailered away. As it has been sat for quite a while the battery is flat. It does jump start and does run.

Body. Well above average condition for its age. It has a few parking dings, usual small stone chips on the bonnet and front bumper. There are a few light scuffs on the drivers side corner of the rear bumper..ive tried to touch up/blend in with some paint so are less noticeable. I have changed the door handles to de-locked ones, I still have the originals. I have removed the rear spoiler, as I preferred the look without it. It still has the gti boot lid with the holes but I have a spare non gti boot in reflex silver that is included in the sale. The bonnet is the worst part. It has rusted along the edges where the inner and outer skins are joined. I have a spare bonnet, in good condition, in reflex silver thats included in the sale. Ideally the roof rails will need repainting as these have crazed and flaked.

Interior. Standard, untouched interior. Very clean, no rips or stains in the seats. Don't think its ever been smoked in. I have replaced all the door handles so they're are new. Both windows work. Drivers side door speakers don't work. The wire has come apart in the in the rubber seal in the door opening.

Wheels. These are the 16inch version of the BBS RX2. have had them chrome powder coated. I managed to kerb one a couple of years ago, pic included. Tyres have  plenty of tread left.

Suspension. FK Konigsport? coilers. Fitted in 2013 long with new top mounts front and rear. You can also adjust the dampening from soft to firm on these.

Brakes. Have changed the front brakes to the 280mm ones. Changed these in 2014 so have the larger carriers and 280mm discs. Rears are standard. The drivers side rear is binding slightly. I think the handbrake cable will need looking at.

Engine. Standard. Has covered 118,000 miles. IT WILL NEED A SERVICE AND A CAMBELT in the immediate future. 

Located in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.

• 6n2_fulch
      By 6n2_fulch
      Hello guys i recently just got some lowering springs and have only just noticed there for a 6n or 6n1, will this fit a 6n2 if so how 
    • jonny s
      By jonny s
      Up for breaking is my 2000 plate. Black 3dr polo 6n2 tdi.

Engine and box not available atm. But most panels. Lights and interior are. Has electric sunroof also

Prefer cash on collection from west yorkshire. But could possibly post smaller parts

Regards

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines