Mollie

Do I have a rare car.... ?

Mollie

Hi there, I'm new to the owners club. 

I've had my Polo for just over a year - the lady I bought it from told me it was a rare car (only 6 versions made), I wondered if anyone could tell me if this was correct - I thought it may have been a sales technique, but I've never seen another one like it !

It's a 2001 Black Colour Concept Open Air - I was told they only did one Open Air Colour Concept in each colour ?  It has a nice spec, red leather (heated) Recaro seats, BBS Alloys and the full retracting roof. Can't find anything on-line, anyone have any ideas ? 

Many thanks, 

Mollie :)

Guest VeeDub Master

That's correct only one Open Air, Colour Concept in each particular colour - Just 6 made, it wasn't a sales technique. 

Keep hold of it !!!

Elijah

Post some pictures of it.  I’ve never seen a colour concept open air.  Is it petrol or diesel.

kiran_182

Get a proper insurance valuation that takes into account is 1 of a kind

Elijah

For sale on the eBay looks a stunning car.

why does it have to be so far up into Scotland, that far even for me and I have family in Scotland.

kiran_182

Watching, hope it goes for a good price

TReed2205

Hi guys I myself own one of these in the jazz blue ! I have been trying to find out how many of these were about but even after speaking to VW didn’t get much info at the time , would appear that they are fairly rare , I presumed this as when I bought it I myself had never seen a colour concept with the open air ..... EVER , hope we can try and find who owns the rest of them ! 

5DF27008-4406-429B-BD60-82BA1D54A736.jpeg

• Like 1

Jmw

Hiya I have a 2001 yellow colour concept open air and can't find another. I wonder if they did only make one in each colour? If so we have found the blue one and the yellow one where are the others? 

Jmw

And TReed if you want to sell your blue one let me know lol

kiran_182

If you want to make money in them dry store them for 20 years, itll be awhile before they become desirable

Price has to hit the bottom, people see them as old bangers so lots get scrapped, becomes a rarer sight on the road and people look to get one 

Mk3 golf is going that way too now so get a decent 2l 16 vr6 and hide it

AlanWebb

Hi all, 

I'm new to the club but joined as I have just bought a 2001 5 door Jazz Blue Concept openair. 

Everything is still standard as far as I can tell. Paint is good. Mechanics less so.

I will try to get some more pics uploaded soon. 

Alan. 

IMG-20191110-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20191110-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20191110-WA0000.jpg

TReed2205

So guys I still have my Blue 2 door , however this evening by crazy chance I parked up and walked 2 cars down to find I have located the black 2 door !! Putting a note on it to try and buy ASAP 

car is standard however paint is looking like it’s seen better days , anyone else managed to locate the rest ? 

TReed2205
On 15/11/2019 at 09:58, AlanWebb said:

Hi all, 

I'm new to the club but joined as I have just bought a 2001 5 door Jazz Blue Concept openair. 

Everything is still standard as far as I can tell. Paint is good. Mechanics less so.

I will try to get some more pics uploaded soon. 

Alan. 

IMG-20191110-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20191110-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20191110-WA0000.jpg

where are you located ? Would be great one day to get some photos of our blue ones together ! 

Tom