Sign in to follow this  
Dave9n3

ClubPolo 2018 trackday?!

Dave9n3

Hi Guys,

Is there any chance of another clubpolo trackday this year? been to two so far and they've been great. Blyton is ideal for new starters too! 

Would jump at the chance to do another if possible/numbers are decent. I can try and push the turnout for the 9n/9n3 owners as I know a fair few of them. Appreciate its not exactly an easy thing to sort though.

Feel free to delete this after a couple of replies as i appreciate its probably not in the correct section.

• Like 1

kwijibo_coupe

I'll speak to the rest of the staff and see if anyone wants to organise one. 

I personally cannot commit to attending one this year and if the rest of the staff are the same then it will be hard for us to make sure things go smoothly on the day.

If you are able to get a list of names of people who would be interested then that would be a good help to us if we are able to get something sorted. As we get discounts and pay the deposit based on the numbers we have attending.

Yeti

If the club can't get one together, I think paid-up Club Polo members still get a bit of a discount when booking with Mazda on Track - http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/track-days-52-c.asp

They're putting a lot less on this year, which is a shame. 

Edited by Yeti

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• polofun
      By polofun
      Hi , 
      Does anyone have a drawing of a polo typ86 with all the dimensions ? The kind you will find hundreds of being mk1 golfs etc.. but cant find one for the first polo
      I have used the search on the forum but either im looking for the wrong words either its not on here (yet)
      What im looking for is like the picture , but for a polo typ86 (mk1 it it matters) the more measurements the better

Thank you to anyone who can help

Grtz

• wizardmanjm
      By wizardmanjm
      Most of you will already know me from the blue 2F breadvan in project threads.
      This one is a Formel E mk2 which has been converted to a GT. I bought it for a bargain of £500 and ran it over 100 miles already without any issues. The temperature gauge didn't even quite get to half and I was driving quite "enthusiastically".
      There are issues but small ones. The bad points are rust scabs on rear arches and a bit of rust on an A-pillar which will get sorted. There's a dent in a wing and a few scratches, the dent will come out easy as pie I reckon. Then daft stuff like the exhaust has a small rattle, the bulb has gone in the clocks so I can't see them at night, plus a vibration which sounds like it comes from the passenger seat rail area (probably a missing guide clip). One front wheel bearing may have started to sound a bit rough on the motorway or it could just been in my head! Lol
      Ahh the name. I didn't choose it...the first owner called it Gloria and put a Gloria sticker on her etc, the name has stuck with all the owners apparently so the name is staying
      Pictures from the advert for now until tomorrow! I also snapped the folder which contains history

Plans now are undecided. It was going to give up its mpi for the 2F but it might stay with the mk2 now as I cook up alternative plans for the blue one.
    • kwijibo_coupe
      By kwijibo_coupe
      To see some of the pictures from last years track day click on the link below.

Here are some videos taken by myself and Ross from last year too. If anyone else has videos from last year we would love to see them :)

• kwijibo_coupe
      By kwijibo_coupe
      http://www.blytonpark.co.uk/
      Blyton Park isn't a big famous race circuit. What it is is a Driving Centre, with a number of different track layouts. You can still get a lot of speed up, it's wide enough to overtake on the straights, and wide enough on the corners to choose a line and sort yourself out if you get it wrong.
      As a track, it's flat, it's smooth, with a vast array of corners, so it suits Polos well. If I was comparing it to an F1 circuit, it would be a smaller version of Catalunya. When we've been before, MoT have run one track layout in the morning, and a tighter, more technical, one in the afternoon, this is great because it keeps it fresh and lets you explore different aspects of track driving and your, and your car's capabilities.
      I know on a map it looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, but the truth is, it's in the middle of nowhere, 10 minutes off the motorway, nicely halfway up the country. https://goo.gl/maps/ceVwycLu8FC2
    • kwijibo_coupe
      By kwijibo_coupe
      In association with Mazda on Track (MoT), we hire a circuit for the day. The rest of this page is taken from the question and answers page on their site. Please take this thread as an introduction only, and not a set in stone version of the rules, which will be given in the briefing session.
      Frequently asked questions for our Track Days
      We know that there can be a lot of questions if you've never been on a track day before. Even if you have, we know that you might still have a question or two about our track days, so to help things along, here is an ever expanding list of questions and answers. If you cannot find the answer to your question here, do contact us, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. What is a Track Day or Car Control Day?
      A Track day is a non-competitive, controlled event where you can allowed to drive your car around a real established motor racing circuit or closed airfield without speed restrictions. We require that you hold a full driving licence, and that your car is road legal. Driving manners are expected to be high, and beginners are completely welcome.
      Car Control days are designed to be fun, safe and also educational. As we run on a wide open space around cones there is also very little risk of impact damage to cars which naturally is of major concern to many participants. The actual driving activity runs from 10am to 4pm with a lunch break.

I'm totally new to track driving
      You may find that booking some introductory tuition is a good idea. It's available at all of our events and is most often able to be booked in advance along with the purchase of our events from a drop down box on the relevant page.

I'm worried about the chances of damage to my car
      The common misconception is that track driving is more dangerous than road driving. It is in fact the other way round. On track you have no oncoming traffic, run off areas, and a crash helmet for most events. We take every reasonable precaution in making sure you get your precious car home in one piece. If you do spin off, circuits have soft foam walls and gravel traps in the most common 'error' points, but you should always be aware that there is a chance you may damage the car, and insure accordingly. If you would like to arrange insurance, please call the office and we can help you. On a car control day, you should expect quite high wear and tear on your tyres. You might want to call ahead and we can arrange new tyres for you.

I'm worried I won’t be fast enough on track
      Don't worry, people can talk the talk but only a few can walk the walk. You can go at whatever speed you are comfortable with. The rules that we have set for track driving mean that you will not get hassled by faster cars. When there are 2 or more cars on track at once we remove all forms of competition by banning stop watch timing and aggressive over taking. You never know, you may be seriously quick out there and put much more powerful cars or experienced drivers to shame!

Do I need a crash helmet?
      We require drivers to wear a helmet on both our trackdays and car control days. If you don't own one, don't worry! You can hire one from us for just £10.00 for the full day by paying cash at the event.

Can I bring a passenger?
      Yes of course, charges for passengers can vary according to our events. Usually for a track day or car control day the charge is nothing more than £10.00 for the duration of the event.

Refund Policy
      If cancelled outside of 30 days of the event, the cost of the event will be refunded LESS 25% for administration charges. Refunds are not permitted within 30 days of the event.
      Refunds are only made to the person who purchased the event place, and are refunded via the original means of payment.

Force Majeure
      If Mazda on Track or its track partners are unable to provide the event due to unforeseen circumstances such as, but not limited to, adverse weather conditions, industrial action, government restriction or other restriction imposed by the circuit or venue, Mazda on Track will issue a credit at its discretion up to the value of the event and activities booked. Events that suffer a delayed start or curtailed early will not normally qualify for credit. Any credit will be issues at Mazda on Tracks sole discretion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines