Vedad1944

1995 Seat Ibiza 6K

Vedad1944

Alright, so. It was either this or a Polski Fiat.

"Dad, we need a small car, not a microscopic one..."

Three years in our hands, and still going.

I've decided to keep a diary of what is going on with the car, and hopefully find helpful advice for whatever breaks next. 

I've been writing about my sickly little Beeza here for a while now, 'thankfully' the reason why I created the topic is currently hidden underneath a disabled throttle position actuator until I purchase a brand new one.

Anyways, in continuation from the previous aging thread, the car is still juddering.

Replaced the dustributor with another one and set the timing mark to 'a tiny bit left' of what the factory setting was, as factory is 500RPM apparently.

Could the coil be cutting out intermittently? It is ironic that I am an electrician and that my car has various electrical gremlins (though not as bad as some that I've seen).

I will have to take a look at a regulator and brush kit then, as dvderlm stated in the old post.

Thank you everyone for your patience!

Vedad1944

My car seemed to have pneumatic central locking in the past as my locks have pistons with vacuum hoses attached to them. 

I will have to try and find where the pump and computer are located, pump in the boot and computer under the dashboard somewhere?

Maybe I can revive this system with some third party hardware.

There is also a second hand unit quite away from me, so if the system was completely ripped out for some reason, I could just reconnect all of the wiring. (And it is pretty cheap IMO)

Any help on the location of these things would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot_2018-04-22-10-59-40.png

Vedad1944

Apparently one of the previous owners hated central locking and decided to rip everything out?

I could only find a hidden plastic piston under the fuel filler cap, and three colour coded wires on the other!

So I need to find a pump and a remote module to operate it. My doors have pneumatic locks with hoses going to them, so maybe I can make use of what VW already gave me, lucky me. I hope there are no leaks.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• 6Luna8
      By 6Luna8
      T reg Polo for sale. I've had it for seven years and it has served me wonderfully.
      Last month started revving up for no reason and every so often it doesn't want to start.  It's been checked by RAC recommended garage but they couldn't find an exact fault. Had it checked again and possibly great box fault. 
      Cannot afford the fix, hence offered as a repair if possible or spare parts as a last resort. I would love to have someone fix it as it is a nice little car that could be used as a first car.
      Price offers welcome. If no offers made I will advertise elsewhere. 
    • Dean
      By Dean
      We have a fix for our threads here at ClubPolo. If you've used photobucket over the years you would be aware of their T&C's have changed, this has caused an abundant of issues for us, especially on our older topics.

The Fix
      Photobucket Hotlink Fix by BridgeTroII

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/
      Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hotlinkfix=1513362879664
      Android FF: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/

Tested and confirmed working.

From this

To this

• stormtrooper
      By stormtrooper
      I've just bought a Polo for my girlfriend after having a 6n. The engine even management light came on, on the way home from the garage. We took the car back and of course the light never came back. 
      I borrowed a scanner from a friend and it came up with the following codes. Help with how to fix these would be much appreciated! 

Engine control module - 01314 : Check DTC Memory. 

Engine speed sensor (g28) - 16706 : No signal : P0322. 

Airbag deactivation warning lamp - passenger side : 01578. 

High pressure sensor (g65) - 00819 static signal too low. 

The not so bad sounding ones.. 

Loudspeaker (s) front - 00852 sporadic open circuit. 

Heated outside mirrors - 00920 : drivers side (z4) passenger side (z5) 

Supply voltage B+ - 00532 : signal too low

Radio - 01304 : 004 no signal/communication 

Supply voltage - terminal 30 - 00668 : signal too low. 

Power train data bus: missing message from a/c controller - p1635 : 18043

Heated rear window (z1) short circuit to positive : 00975 

Drive battery voltage - 01598

There's also a section for a 'readiness test' it failed on the following.. 
      -Catalyst
      -o2 sensor
      -heated o2
      -EGR system 

Obviously the top ones are the worst but would like to get rid of all/most of them. 

I just scanned my mk5 gti and no faults were found. ?
    • Delboii89
      By Delboii89
      Hi All, 

im a complete noob to this stuff but trying to educate myself. 
      I have a polo 6n - 1996. 
      somewhere down the line it has had an engine change to a 1.4 16 valve DOHC - ENGINE CODE AFH i believe. 

can someone please point me or tell me the product code the the throttle body and mine has had it. 

i have two codes but when i check online, neither of them match up to my engine. 
      036133064d or f or 030133064d or f 

ANY HELP would be very much appreciated. 

picture below of my engine if that helps. 

thanks Guys 

• Sparagus
      By Sparagus
      Hi so I'm pretty new to this site but have bumped into a problem with my Polo and not sure where my next move is.

So i bought some LED bulbs from Halfords for my number plate lights and after fitting them I turned my lights on to check them but they didn't work, so i decided to put my old ones back in but now the normal bulbs didn't work either. As i went to drive home i realised on my journey home that i also had no Dash illumination lights either and couldn't actually see how fast i was going. My first thought was a fuse problem so the next day i check the fuses and checked the user manual and found that they share the same fuse so obviously it must have been the fuse...  NOT! the fuse was fine and so were all my other fuses as i pulled them out one by one. After a little research online i found that someone had replaced their light switch (the dial below the drivers air blowers to turn the headlamps on) so i ordered a new light switch. Once that arrived I unplugged my old light switch and plugged in my new one... Nothing. so after replacing the bulbs, fuses and now replacing the light switch too I'm stuck and not really sure where to go next. If someone could please help ill be much appreciated!!! Thanks.

car details: VW Polo 9n 2002 1.2 - 3 door

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.