MonsterL35YFP

Brighter headlights

MonsterL35YFP

Whats the best way to make head lights brighter on my mk2f, Iv heard of a loom upgrade and some better bulbs and someone said just a HID kit will do, so what do people recommend.

nige8021

Under the new MOT rules HID would be an instant fail ! So a relayed loom with a supply direct from the battery and using the original wiring to the headlights to control the relays, also you need to increase the wire size on the earth side of the bulbs otherwise you won't see any improvement with the relayed loom,

MonsterL35YFP

Ok mate thank you for your reply, do you know anyone that makes the looms on here? 

MonsterL35YFP

Will that do they job? It seems abit cheap

dvderlm

I got a set like that and upgraded the relays to Hella items for longevity. I changed alternator brush set at same time.  But, yeah, you get 13.8v ish at bulb not 10.5v. So the road ahead is well lit, and cars behind you no longer cast a Polo shaped shadow.

nige8021

That one Steve has linked to will be a simple plug n play just add the feed from the battery/alternator and a decent ground point