Sign in to follow this  
AkosSpekker

6N 1.0 8V to 6N2 1.6 16V GTI swap, immobiliser problem

AkosSpekker

Hello everybody! I swapped my 1.0 AER engine to a 1.6 16V AVY, replaced the engine loom, the ecu, the chip in my keys, and the little receiver around the ignition barrel, (and a lot of other stuff, like pedal box, etc) but I couldn't replace the immo box, because my loom has 6 cables, and the donor car's box has 8. (I have a 98 model, so I have the later wiring) Is there a way to connect the new immo to the car without a professional? Or what should I do? Thank you in advance!

Edited by AkosSpekker

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

The only extra wire you need to connect your 8 pin immobilizer box is a constant 12v supply, and you need to swap a few wires around, here's the connections for the two box's  6 and 8 pin immobiliser box wires.doc

AkosSpekker
1 hour ago, nige8021 said:

First Welcome to the forum.

The only extra wire you need to connect your 8 pin immobilizer box is a constant 12v supply, and you need to swap a few wires around, here's the connections for the two box's  6 and 8 pin immobiliser box wires.doc

Thanks for the fast answer! 🙂 But unfortunately I was incorrect, I have an Immo II box, and the new car has an Immo 3, so I have 2 canbus cables. I have the 6N2 engine loom connected to the car, but my interior loom doesn't have those cables. Should I connect the 2 canbus cables directly into the engine loom's canbus cables? Or should I buy a 6N2 GTI cluster and an interior wiring, and make a "hybrid" wiring with the new immo/cluster cables and leaving the other ones (everything else) intact?

Edited by AkosSpekker

nige8021

I don't have access to my wiring diagrams at the moment to see if the 6N2 uses the "W" line from the immobliser to the ECU or if it uses the "K" line to the speedo and then the CAN to the ECU.

The other option would be to have the immobiliser requirement deleted from the ECU in the UK you can get it done for around £60 / €66 or 21,650fl

AkosSpekker

Thank you! I'll check the latter option, if I can't figure out the wiring 🙂

nige8021

If you have a White/Yellow wire on pin 19 of the ECU, that is the "W" wire and needs to be connected to the relevant pin from that document (pin 2 for the 6 pin or pin 7 for the 8 pin)

• Love it 1