powey85

My little project

powey85

Going to document the work I do on my polo that has been stood for 4 years, ive already got it through and mot by doing some welding, the anti roll bar bushes and a new exhaust. Next up will be an engine swap. 

IMG_20181025_191548_848.jpg

powey85

Slight bit of surface rust on the near side front wing and a hole in the off side rear wing, rubbed back filled and in primer.

IMG_20181025_192003_198.jpg

IMG_20181025_191750_060.jpg

powey85

Polybushed  the front end, will need to come back off as I need to paint the anti roll bar but I needed to get it through the mot. 

IMG_20181026_152542_792.jpg

Elijah

Nice project

Must be a 1litre genesis

powey85
Just now, Elijah said:

Nice project

Must be a 1litre genesis

1.3 genesis, got a 1.3gt engine and twin gsx600 carbs to be fitted. 

Elijah

That will fly a bit.

powey85
7 minutes ago, Elijah said:

That will fly a bit.

Hopefully, will just need the bodywork looking as good as the engine. 

MartinB

Nice 🙂

powey85

Starmag alloys added today, along with the GT rear bumper, new rear lights, tailpipe and some sill welding. Also passed it's mot for the first time in 4 years. 👍

20181029_165949.jpg

powey85

IMG_20181029_201810_425.jpg

powey85

IMG_20181029_201913_170.jpg

Projordio

Looks good man, glad more are getting love

powey85
6 hours ago, Projordio said:

Looks good man, glad more are getting love

I had to keep looking at it parked up at work and I couldn't let it deteriorate any more, hopefully getting the primer in paint soon. 

powey85

Engine swap happening today, then hopefully bike carbs on by the end of next week. 

IMG_20181102_101256_113.jpg

powey85

Water pump and timing belt change on the donor GT engine

20181105_124504.jpg

• Like 1

powey85

First 4 pics are just after the engine swap and the cbr600 bike carbs fitted, the second photo is after the wiring and engine bay was tidied up. It goes like a dream, need to fine tune the carbs but the acceleration is brilliant.

IMG_20181108_182120_526.jpg

IMG_20181108_183445_798.jpg

MartinB

Looking good but there seems to be some disconnected connectors - what dizzy are you using?

powey85

The only loose connections are the ones for the injection system, they are all cable tied up out the way though. The standard dizzy from the GT.