1vw2many

GT mk2f rear springs size help

1vw2many

I'm looking for a new set of rear springs for my mk2f gt breadvan. The ones i took off were two different sizes in length. Also are the g40 rear springs shorter in length then the GT rear springs?

Many thanks.

Edited by 1vw2many

1vw2many

Has no one got any info on this please ? 

kwijibo_coupe

Yes G40 springs are shorter than standard springs, it is something like a 20/25mm drop over standard.

However the chances of getting G40 springs these days are slim I'd say. Likely you'll just get sold standard springs.

• Thanks 1

1vw2many

I have no luck in finding g40 rear springs yet. might have to settle for standard ones as you said. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• 1vw2many
      By 1vw2many
      I got my GT beam out at the moment and would like info help on getting the old rubber bushes out and installing new ones.

Many thanks.
    • steveo3002
      By steveo3002
      just posting this to document it really

early mk2 round headlight 3f ecu made by bosch , part number ending J , see it has lots of surface mount parts , general better quality feel to it

later mk2f 3f K made by ken?   less surface mount parts and these burnt /manually fitted  parts seem the norm as we opened up another and its the same , the J one is mint

• Mikecoupegt
      By Mikecoupegt
      Spare ecu for my gt no longer needed, pick up from Crawley West sussex preferred. 
    • Mikecoupegt
      By Mikecoupegt
      A spare I've decided I no longer need, pick up preferred. Based in Crawley West sussex
    • kiran_182
      By kiran_182
      Abd 3f injection. 

Start the car and runs fine for 3 or 4 min then idles low and cuts out, wont repond to throttle when chugging and ramind this way on restart unless left 

Any ideas 

Follow: #ClubPoloUK

The Polo Social

Volkswagen Polo Owners Club

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines