Sign in to follow this  
Sara

Polo R-line 1.2 2017 - satnav not working

Sara

I bought the car in May and found last week that the satnav doesn't come up as it did before by pressing and holding the media button (I just get a blank screen now) and it doesn't appear to be anywhere else in the menus.

I last looked at it a few weeks ago and it was fine. I had my car serviced last week and it was a few days after that on a trip I found I couldn't get the satnav. I asked the  servicer but he didn't think it could have anything to do with that.

Can anybody help?

• Like 1

Dean
1 hour ago, Sara said:

I bought the car in May and found last week that the satnav doesn't come up as it did before by pressing and holding the media button (I just get a blank screen now) and it doesn't appear to be anywhere else in the menus.

I last looked at it a few weeks ago and it was fine. I had my car serviced last week and it was a few days after that on a trip I found I couldn't get the satnav. I asked the  servicer but he didn't think it could have anything to do with that.

Can anybody help?

You could try resetting the HU, instructions should be in the manual on how to do it. Was the car serviced by VW and is it in warranty? If so, also get them to look at it and don't take no for an answer! The service/mechanics at VW are usually fine to quickly look at the car and may know tricks, I've seen on the internet that there're a few issues across the range with the infotainment system.

Sara

Thanks. I don't know what HU means, but I tried resetting the whole infotainment system by pressing the on button for 10 seconds or so. No change. I can't get in to the satnav itself to access it's settings.

It was Kwik-Fit who serviced the car and they don't think anything they did would have caused it but they don't know anything about the satnav telling me it's a separate system.

I will have to take the car back to the VW dealer I think.