Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

mk2 polo - Dome shaped crankcase breather source?

I am currently in the process of rebuilding a small block 1.3, and am having trouble finding anywhere to buy the dome shaped breather that presses into the side of the block. I looked on vwheritage and ebay but had no luck. Does anyone have any idea where I might find one?

Thanks,

Jordan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spanner

• nige8021

• dvderlm

• Yeti

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That PCG number did come up on a US Porky site as a direct replacement for the VW 036 103 129 

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

This is the part https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/1983-9/1/103-2000/#9   eBay Germany is the most likely or put a Wanted advert in our Classified section https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/classifieds/category/8-wanted/  it free, someone might have an old engine laying around 

That is crazy money! Especially as it is basically just the original with a piece missing, but I may have no choice if I can't find a new original anywhere. A used one would likely not fit correctly into the block again so that options out really. I shall have to keep searching, thanks guys

I've been known to clean them by chucking a litre of petrol though them then draining the oil. Not the ideal solution, but it seemed to work. 

If you do change it, you can fashion a fitting tool by cutting a keyhole shape in a bit of wood so it sits against the flange without crushing the pod, then use that to knock it in. 

Edited by Yeti