Sign in to follow this  
Todger182

6N2 AUD ECU Question

Todger182

I'm planning to swap my 1.0l 8v AUC lupo engine out for a 1.4 8v AUD engine. My ecu and engine is an earlier model that only has one lambda.

my question is which model ECU's use just the one lambda, guessing it's going to be an earlier one the same as I already have now for my 1l, but there seems to be quite a few variations.

Thanks

x

Todger182

Still doesn't really help, trying to run the engine with the harness I already have without having to add in wiring for the 2nd lambda.

The link you sent me shows this code "030906032DT", but is that a single lambda ECU?

My car is also pre canbus so the immobiliser code "should" be embedded in the ECU, can that be decoded or changed via vagcom?

Thanks

X

nige8021

As far as I know all the AUD's run with two lambda's so you won't find a single lambda ECU.

The immob is a seperate box under the dash but it needs to be matched to the new ECU but you will need the PIN code of the immob to then use VCDS to do the re-pairing of the ECU to immob

Todger182

Ok, turns out I have an ALD, not AUC as I initially thought. Car side of the loom will that still plug into the ECU as it should then all I need to change is the engine loom to match the AUD lump?

Trying to source a decoded/virgin ECU so I won't have to worry about that side of things. My car is a 2000 pre canbus lupo so again another thing I don't have to worry about.

Thanks

nige8021

Apart from the extra lambda sensor the wiring to the engine is all the same, but without the extra lambda sensor the AUD ECU will constantly flag up a fail warning light 

Todger182

So moving my subject on quickly I've read that the polo 1.3 gt Cam can be used in the 1.4 engines but I'm assuming with me using the newer aud cast with Cam sensor, that this isn't an option? Or can the trigger wheel be heated and removed from the stock Cam, and fitted onto the gt Cam? Obviously measurements would need to be taken to ensure correct alignment but can it be done?

Thanks

X

nige8021

The target for the sensor is part of the camshaft casting so it can't be removed