PoloMM

Vacuum leak. Identifying rogue hose.

PoloMM

Firstly apologies for the new thread but it seems I'm unable to edit the original one and the subject line says "N/M. Sorted" so little chance of replies in there...

I asked yesterday about the little green cap as shown in the attached pic however I have since identified this at item 25 from the following diagram:

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/1997-158/1/129-129021/

However, after further testing today I notice the air leak is actually coming from the other end of this hose which appears to be snapped off from somewhere.  Looking at the air filter diagram I see that this leads to the only part that isn't numbered. Grrrr! So I'm at a loss to identify where this belongs and where the other end is. Can I simply plug it up with another cap?  

TIA

IMG_2902.JPG

steveo3002

think that would control the hot air flap , yes you can block it off if you dont want want the flap to work , isnt mega nessesary

Edited by steveo3002

PoloMM
7 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

think that would control the hot air flap , yes you can block it off if you dont want want the flap to work , isnt mega nessesary

Great, thanks for that.

Where can I find the other half of the hose though? Ideally I'd like to return it to how it should be.

steveo3002

scrap yard etc?

PoloMM
9 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

scrap yard etc?

What I meant was the other half of this hose is still attached somewhere.  I'd like to know where. Engine block, firewall, etc.

steveo3002

follow it along?

PoloMM
1 minute ago, steveo3002 said:

follow it along?

The half I can see I can follow along but it's not that half I'm interested in.  The missing half is missing so I can't follow it along until I find it, hence my question. Where should I look for it?

PoloMM

Any thoughts? I don't think I'm asking a daft question...