Sign in to follow this  
VDUBPerry

MK2F steering column spline size

VDUBPerry

I've got a Momo steering wheel I'd like to fit to my '93 MK2F CL Coupe but I've been having trouble sourcing the correct size of adapter hub. I've had two attempts at purchasing a Momo hub from a supplier and on both occasions I've been sent hubs that are specified as suiting the Polo (as well as other VW models). However the hubs had a 17mm (approx) spline while the steering column spline on my Polo is 26mm. The supplier has suggested I have a non-standard steering column, but as far as I can tell it appears to be the original factory-fitted steering column/wheel assembly. Frustratingly neither the supplier or Momo specify spline sizes, describing suitable model types only. Has anybody come across this allegedly unusual spline size on a MK2F steering column? 

Thanks in advance.

steveo3002

early are small , later cars had this adaptor sleeve https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-T4-T25-T3-Golf-Polo-17mm-Steering-Wheel-Column-Spline-Adaptor/283104323259?hash=item41ea5526bb:g:x3EAAOSw~U5bD731:rk:1:pf:0

you can remove it /convert back to small spline..although id push on and find the correct boss , same as golf /other vws of that age

steveo3002

post removed 

Edited by steveo3002

steveo3002
VDUBPerry

Belated thanks, I picked up the ebay item and it was spot-on!