Sign in to follow this  
Kezzer

Condensation in headlamps

Kezzer

Hi all! First post and I need a little help. I discovered my headlight had water pooling at the bottom and there was condensation. 

I have removed the headlight and the rubber seals that cover where the bulbs sit. I was able to pour out most the water from what looked like a drainage hole. I’m wondering if there was a plug that has fallen out which is causing the water ingress.

Theres no cracks or stone chips, I’ve had the car from pretty much brand new and the only thing I can think of is that it happened when it went in for an mot and they replaced a bulb to do me a favour but one of the seals wasn’t put back on properly as it happened shortly after this. 

The headlamp is currently in my airing cupboard drying out. Should I be safe and put some silicone around it or could it be getting in through the drainage hole, if that is what it is? This is on a 64 plate facelift polo. I realise now would have been good to include a photo but I can’t get one right now so I’ll post one ASAP! Thank you in advance. 🙂

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

The photo would be good, as I can't visualise this 'drain hole'

Regards