mike1708

hyy i have a little problem i change my cluster instruments to my polo i want to change the odometer with the old one.. i have a vcds kkl and i dont know how to do. i try the variant from rostech web site but dosen.t work. can u help me.. ty. 

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

As you haven't had a reply to this, may I take a wild guess at why you can't change the odometer reading - (this IS only a guess mind you).

If it were as easy as all that to change the reading, every 'bomb site' car dealer would be reducing the mileage of the cars that they were selling, so just maybe the system is ahead of this, simply to prevent fraud.

Regards

nige8021

The distance travelled (Odometer) can only be altered with the full version of VCDS, however you can only increase the distance, not decrease it. To reduce the distance you would need to read the eeprom data from the speedo unit and then know what part of the data is the distance and then re-write the data code and re-load the new eeprom data to the speedo. 

To alter the distance you need to go into section 17 (Instrument) then "Adaption CH 9" then enter the distance in KM (so for example you want it to read 897654) you enter "0897654" then confirm the entry and the distance travelled will now read 897654