Dark Mode Now Availiable (Change via theme selector at the bottom of the site)
Hannah-6n2

Centeral locking problem 6n2

Hannah-6n2

So over been fighting a battle with my central locking for a few weeks, it doesn’t work off the drivers door at all, it will lock and unlock the drivers door but not the rest of the car, (the pump doesn’t activate) but it does all work off the passenger door, (but doesn’t lock the drivers door) I’ve taken the loom out the drivers door and repaired the brakes in the wires, I’ve fitted a new central’s locking mechanism to the drivers door and still not having it, I have now noticed when I lock it from the passenger door the pump in the boot makes the wuring noise for around 30seconds to a minute. I’ve taken apart the unit in the boot and it has no corrosion, no water it looks fine! I’m really struggling now so any help is appreciated! 

nige8021

First welcome to the forum.

When you say a replacement central locking mechanism to the drivers door, I assume you mean the whole latch assembly ? it is common that that actuating prong on the key barrel snaps and that then means the drivers door key doesn't turn the switches in the latch assembly to tell the pump to run and as the pump is running for for 30+ seconds that indicates there is a leak in the vacuum system, a common failure is the actuator for the fuel flap or the pipe connections in the connector between the door and door frame.

• Thanks 1