Petehughes

Hello all,

I wonder if someone here can help me please?  I have a 1.0 1999 polo, 6N??

My instrument panel intermittently stops working, turn ignition on but no ignition lights.  It starts no problem and everything else is ok, then the next time you go to start it everything is back to normal which is very strange and very annoying.

Any ideas please or do I scrap it.

Pete

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

It sounds as if there is a poor electrical connection - certainly nothing bad enough to even contemplate scrapping the car for.

The next time that this happens, try giving the dash panel a (gentle) thump - I'm not saying that this is a cure for it, but if the lights respond by lighting or even flickering, you know that you are in the right area and that you will have to investigate that section for poor connections.

The problem with intermittent faults, is that if you were to take it to a garage, they could spend a lot of costly time simply trying to get the fault to appear, if that was on one of the cars better days, they may not even manage to get it to malfunction.

Regards,