littler52

Distributor wiring

littler52

Evening all, 

I want to bench run my 1100 hb engine, but forgot where the wire from the condenser on vac adv dizzy goes, is it to negative? 

Thanks

nige8021

It goes to the connection on the contact breaker the same as the wie that goes to the coil , it's to suppress the sparking across the points as they open

littler52

Sorry may of worded it wrong, (more than likely it's me being retarded) it's this connection arrowed, to negative on coil. 

IMG_20190625_212420.jpg

Edited by littler52

caretakerplus

'Yes' is the answer. But (why is there always a 'but') - Don't run your engine without it being connected to the radiator and having coolant in it (plain water will do).

Without coolant, local hotspots can develop VERY quickly, leading to all sorts of problems caused by uneven expansion.

Regards

• Like 1

littler52

Cheers, 

It will have all lubes and coolant in before being test run on bench, was just unsure of dizzy wiring (used to 3 pin connection with plug and play loom) 

caretakerplus

Battery positive (+) to coil positive (+) via a switch if you wish.

Coil negative (-) to distributor as your arrow.

It might be more convenient to pick up the positive feed for the coil from starter motor main terminal.

Regards