Jamie/Arosa

Seat Arosa Mk1

Jamie/Arosa

Hello all, it’s been many a year since I’ve posted a project thread but might as well start one to look back and see how much money I throw away lol. Not to long ago I got rid of my 6n2, bought a 9N that lasted a day then got this Arosa. I got the car for a mere £220 with only 59k! Granted the interior is awful and the body work albeit the most solid shell I’ve probably ever owned just in need of some polish and TLC. In fairness to this car it has one of the cleanest MOT histories I’ve ever seen and it was first registered 01/01/01 so I had to take it. Up to now this is what I’ve done:

Stainless steel manifold

9n 1.2 downpipe slightly modded into a decat

9n 1.2 throttle body because it has no charcoal canister pipe intake

Removed charcoal canister

Bosch Super 4s (for Corsa C but exactly the same length etc)

Clear side indicators from 9n 

De badged boot

De wipered

Black pit bike foam air filter 

14” 6J TSW Evo’s ET20

Blue D shape steering wheel 

Removed front ARB

I recently bought a 6n flocked dash in the hope of turning my hideous grey interior into a black one but found out after chopping up the Arosa dash, it sits higher than standard and is to short on the back. But sh*t happens right? Also got a lower strut brace to be fitted later on.

As I lost a few 100 on the 9N it was only right to use some of its parts, was surprised the TB was bang on same fitment and plug. The clear indicators just looked better imo, I ended up cutting my original downpipe just where it joins the flexi and cut the 9N downpipe at the flexi and welded it together, still need to cut and extend it a few inches before it bends up as it’s too close to the subframe but will sort that later on. Couldn’t believe I got £90 for the cat so car only stands me at 130! The alloys are from my 6n2, got them at a steal price too, the first time I let my so called friend drive he scuffed them! Lasted nearly 30 years without a mark until then but they would benefit from a refurb. Been offered a Sparco FIA cage for cheap too but can’t warrant it with such little power aha. The same guy selling that has a ABF engine polished and ported, with coil packs from I believe the TT? (Also the same guy whom I got dash from and lower brace) With modded subframe and drive shafts but would need some loom etc. Just not sure as I want to keep this as light as possible and always wanted to turbo the little 1l for a laugh.

Plans:

Fix broken gear selector!!

Vented discs

Better seats/ full strip out

Coilovers

Nicer/smaller steering wheel 

Replace O/S indicator (lens fell off)

T15 turbo?? On 5-6psi 

il have to set up a new photobucket account and get some more pics up soon!

Feel free to tell me I’m mad, my estate already has 😂

DFEE8F8E-B218-4FED-B18C-F5925207F51C.jpeg

Edited by Jamie/Arosa

Jamie/Arosa

spacer.png

Standard setup

spacer.png

9N 1.2 12v downpipe 

spacer.png

Chopped

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Still needs a little adjustment but cba yet..

Now onto some serious derestricting, I wanted one of these manifolds since my 6n2 and got a used one for £27.50 posted.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Was initially excited at £15 for this

spacer.png

Because

spacer.png

But

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Clean 9N 1.2 TB

1C559892-3E8E-49E8-BB5C-38D1BE2BA9E4_zps

D37CD89D-76F7-48CD-A531-DBDFBB4FD8BD_zps

Don’t quite think they’ll fit lol 

C903C924-CD2B-482C-9D10-C1C18C54BA94_zps

To be fitted

3C0A1658-4A40-4CA6-9771-42FA00FD15AE_zps

E51BA0EB-7EA8-45B8-BE97-BEAD1E6380FF_zps

Old

1F5D4027-BD15-4C67-A0D2-20CEFC17CF37_zps

New

0B390A43-19C7-4C7C-A7D3-A92C48FFA4AA_zps

Edited by Jamie/Arosa

damunk

who did that flocked dash, you got some more pics of it???

Jamie/Arosa
2 hours ago, damunk said:

who did that flocked dash, you got some more pics of it???

Clever Flockers” in Muxton Telford. Not got anymore, you wanting it?

damunk

did some enquiries today, can get a dash from ebay for around £30 and someone in Wakefield said would charge me £80.00 which i didnt think was too bad.

does the flocking last well?

Jamie/Arosa

If your after a 6n dash you can have this one for £20. You can buy DIY kits off eBay for £30 upwards depending on how much you need. The previous owner of this dash paid £80 to have it done. This is my first flocked dash so can’t compare on how well it’s lasted but it’s still okay.

Edited by Jamie/Arosa

damunk

you selling the flocked one? how come you selling it?

just read that it didnt fit yours. is it in good nick? 🙂

the guys whos offered £80 to do it using a proper electrrical charged machine to do it.

do you know if thats how yours was done,

those other kits , you just slap glue on , then powder the flock one.

the electrical charged way you ground the glue with negative charge

and you positively charge the flock so when they both come into contact they kind bond in pretty good.

Edited by damunk

Jamie/Arosa

For £20 its in pretty good condition to be fair. I assume it was done the same way? I'm probably gonna run it without one at all lol. If you don't have it I will make a nice pile of parts I don't want out of the interior and make a nice bonfire 😂

Edited by Jamie/Arosa

Jamie/Arosa

So today I took out the carpet as change kept appearing, it was dirty and I just hate grey interiors..

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

When I found all this I initially thought it was grease! A 6n owner told me it was the wax they used to put in before they switched to galvanising..

spacer.png

spacer.png

The joys...

spacer.png

Then as always as you do one job you manage to create another...

spacer.png

Has anyone had any similar problems of the tacho saying it’s revving when engine is off??