1vw2many

Mk2f GT Breadvan Headlight bulbs advice

1vw2many

Hi will be installing front headlights soon after engine bay respray ( build thread soon ) what do you recommend for a better headlight bulb please ? Advice and help welcome .

Regards. 

Edited by 1vw2many

steveo3002

nightbreakers are decent

the real key to decent lights is you need a loom with relays - you can gain over a volt or sometimes two with a relay which results in much more output

see here - potential 2-3x output

10.5V : 510 lumens
11.0V : 597 lumens
11.5V : 695 lumens
12.0V : 803 lumens
12.5V : 923 lumens
12.8V : 1000 lumens ←Rated output voltage
13.0V : 1054 lumens
13.5V : 1198 lumens
14.0V : 1356 lumens ←Rated life voltage

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-9003-HID-Spot-Work-Driving-Light-Bar-Wiring-Loom-Harness-12V-Relay-Switch-Kit/323867851472?hash=item4b68073ad0:g:GWsAAOSwdJtdOWr0

• Like 1

1vw2many

That loom looks very interesting with instructions too . Have you used this upgrade?

steveo3002

i have a relay loom on my polo and golf , work very well and also takes the load of the switches 

i chose to make my own inside a small project box but its the same idea as the link i put up...several others on ebay too if you want to shop around 

1vw2many

😁😑🥰😊😘😁

22 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

i have a relay loom on my polo and golf , work very well and also takes the load of the switches 

i chose to make my own inside a small project box but its the same idea as the link i put up...several others on ebay too if you want to shop around 

I see. For that price don't think I can go wrong really. I get back to you when I'm stuck on installation .

steveo3002

very simple to fit but fine you can ask

put the relays somewhere dry , and you might find the alternator + post is easier to feed the relays that running it the battery

Edited by steveo3002
  • Thanks 1