Eviljohn

Breadvan horn upgrade

Eviljohn

Evening all. Hope you're well. I'm hoping to get some guidance on a horn upgrade for my mk2 bready. As many of you know, the stock horn is bunk. I did a little reading and the Ring automotive compact 12v air horn seems to be the way to go.

Has anyone else fitted one of these or similar? A few reviews have said they needed extra parts to fit this. Can anyone shed any light on this? Would quite like to have everything i need to get it done in one hit. 

Are there any other options for beefy horns in this price range? I have a couple of blind bends and a bridge summit locally that i actually do use the horn for,  but still end up having to hit the brakes because drivers coming the other way can't hear the horn.

Thanks for stopping by and any xp you can drop is as always, much appreciated. 

nige8021

If you are going down the air horn route you will definitely need to use a relay with a decent supply direct from the battery and use the original horn wire to signal the new relay 

Eviljohn

So i need some extra wire, fuse and a relay? That sound about right?

steveo3002

yeah alot of airhorn kits include the relay 

Eviljohn

Okay cool. I'll get some wire and a fuse. 

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.