Sign in to follow this  
MagaAfh

Afh 1.6 engine in old mini

MagaAfh

Hy evweryone... my project is built an old mini with afh 1.6... but i have a problem...the gearbox...is possible put in a afh the jus gearbox?

Jus is shortly by dimension and have the cable on gearbox , not rear the gearbox and for me is important because in the rear of engine i don't have space...

thanks

steveo3002

hello , can you explain again that doesnt make sense

MagaAfh

JUS gearbox have cable on top , for me is the best way to search space  ... CWX gearbox (is the standard afh code of my gearbox)have the cable in the rear.... is possible put in the afh the JUS gearbox?

Edited by MagaAfh

nige8021

I think you asking if you can fit a JUS code gearbox (02T from a 9N1)  to an AFH engine ? if so you will need an adapter plate to go between the engine and gearbox, also the JUS gearbox uses a hydraulic clutch so you will need to find a way to work around this problem 

MagaAfh

The engine is in a old mini, the clutch is hydraulic... no problem for this...the problem is if necessary an adapter or not..

GatisGirdenis

If the pattern is the same as 020, 02A, 02J, etc, then you might have luck with a block from a Golf MK4, either the 1.4 or 1.6, as it is a different casting and has a different bolt pattern.