Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Anti roll bar removal MOT failure?

Right so got my MOT is coming up for my 6n2 1.4 8v. Previous garage said the car was too low to get on the ramps but mentioned the roll bar that's been removed (by previous owner). After reading many mixed things online I deiced to remove the remaining brackets and drop links leaving no evidence of there ever being one. I don't know how true this it by I've heard not all models ever came with one. So my question is has anybody been in the same situation and passed their MOT?

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sika

• dvderlm

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at motester.co.uk

anti-roll bar counts as a suspension component

• a suspension component 'missing, likely to become detached or directional stability impaired' is a Dangerous Fail
  • a suspension component 'with an unsafe modification' is a Major Fail
  • a suspension component  'modified so that the suspension is inoperative or likely to fail other components' is a Dangerous Fail

If  too low for Roller Break Test a road test is possible, but not, of course with Major or Dangerous fail found.

Dangerous Fail is 'do not drive until repaired' on the MOT VT30 form.

5 hours ago, dvderlm said:

Looking at motester.co.uk

anti-roll bar counts as a suspension component

• a suspension component 'missing, likely to become detached or directional stability impaired' is a Dangerous Fail
  • a suspension component 'with an unsafe modification' is a Major Fail
  • a suspension component  'modified so that the suspension is inoperative or likely to fail other components' is a Dangerous Fail

If  too low for Roller Break Test a road test is possible, but not, of course with Major or Dangerous fail found.

Dangerous Fail is 'do not drive until repaired' on the MOT VT30 form.

Ah damn thanks for the reply