Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

I've just bought a 2000 Lupo 1.4 16V (75hp) on W-plate with a view to sticking the engine & box in my 1984 breadvan,. It runs really sweet, but with 120k miles on it, I thought it would be worth a rebuild before I go to the time & trouble of installing it in the Polo.

However, Haynes don't seem to do a workshop manual for the Lupo, and none of the versions of the Polo match the model year of the Lupo. Can anyone please advise which Polo manual covers this engine?

Many thanks,

Adam

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adam68

• Pete1

• nige8021

• dvderlm

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the engine code?  (Three letters in front of engine number on cambelt top cover).

nige8021

This should cover the 16v 75bhp engine that's in the Lupo https://haynes.com/en-gb/volkswagen/polo/2000-2002?gclid=CjwKCAjw_NX7BRA1EiwA2dpg0pjV94pmtG8uPHExp8Tq5P552qJ9zXJMsKGfAK8jW8j-VIYQmO7epRoCzkEQAvD_BwE 

What's covered: 

Hatchback, including special/limited editions.
Petrol: 1.0 litre (999cc) and 1.4 litre (1390cc) (inc.16-valve).

Exclusions: 

Does NOT cover GTi or Saloon (Classic), Estate or Caddy models or ‘new’ Polo range introduced January 2002.

Table of contents

Contents
General Information
Chapter 1: Routine maintenance and servicing
Chapter 2: Part A: SOHC engine in-car repair procedures
Chapter 2: Part B: DOHC engine in-car repair procedures

Thanks, chaps

Engine code is AHW

Thanks for the link to the manual - that sounds about right!

Cheers,

Adam

dvderlm

I found one of the small pulley keyways had worn on a Lupo AHW I repaired with bust cambelt.

So inspect back of pulleys and replace if you see wear when you do waterpump, cambelt, tensioner.