Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

VW Polo 1.3 CL Hatchback 1989 F-reg - New exhaust system

AlexPrins

Hi all,

I've recently acquired a Polo 1.3 CL Hatchback.... I am very lucky but it needs a bit of work!!!! My family has a garage so they are working some Pierburg issues....

The "exhaust" needs replacing, which I deem to be the middle section and tail pipe... I am not mechanically savvy as I work in IT....so please forgive me on my lack of knowledge. My family, grandad and uncle don't use the internet and don't understand technology or ebay so it makes it hard for us to communicate... but they said the tail pipe was no good and the middle bit also no good.

I am thinking of the following;

- New manifold (optional)

- New downpipe flex thing (optional)

- New main section exhaust pipe thing (Mandatory)

- New tailpipe (Mandatory and want a cherry bomb!!!!)

Sourcing parts is going to be hard but I know that some of you would have already been here and done this. I have some money to spend to get this thing running sweet and keep going with improvements with a nod to the existing factory design.

However, I have sourced a coupe S steering wheel and also dash surround (with the red piping). It's also just on primer... but right now that's the last thing I am worried about...

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Alex

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlexPrins

• steveo3002

Top Posters In This Topic

steveo3002

exhausts are readily available on ebay  or any good parts store  

AlexPrins
8 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

exhausts are readily available on ebay  or any good parts store  

Cool thanks! Yea I have looked but wondered if someone had done the complete set some I'm not trying to fit apples with pears etc. Or maybe it doesn't matter?

steveo3002

just match up what you need to the pics on ebay

why do you need a manifold?