Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

I'm looking at a 1985 VW Polo mk2 and need advice please!

DontWorryIDoIt

DontWorryIDoIt

There's a mk2 Polo that I randomly spotted local to me gave the guy my number and asked him to ring me if he ever considered selling. A week later (today) he got intouch. He wants £900 for it but its been sat for years. It has holes and rust in both sills, the drums are heavy with rust, both front foot wells are soaked and growing moss, but it seems structurally sound and he claims it starts, not bought a classic before. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DontWorryIDoIt

• Yeti

• steveo3002

• Jim1500

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the sills are bad and it's full of water, then the floor pans aren't going to be pretty. Expect a big restoration job, so in all honesty, I'd prbably give it a miss unless it was very, very cheap. 

Yeti

If the sills are bad and it's full of water, then the floor pans aren't going to be pretty. Expect a big restoration job, so in all honesty, I'd prbably give it a miss unless it was very, very cheap. 

• Like 2
steveo3002

doesnt really sound like a car for a first timer at that price ...always lots of hidden surprises