Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Tyre Pressure sensor won't reset or beep

Hi all this is the problem , with my Mk 5 Polo 1.2TDI bluemotion 6R.

The Tyre  pressure light will not reset on the dash,  despite holding in the button etc it does not 'beep' .

All tyre pressures are correct as as this system works off the ABS it should reset . I have tried an OBD app that displays a  fault code under the ABS section of '00612 which is 'ignition 4 output',  so possible causes could be wiring or connections defective. I have checked the relevant ABS fuses and engine compt fuses and all are ok. I have removed the reset switch and all seems ok also . When I press the reset button the light on the dash does go off an instant before reappearing....as there is no Beep maybe the fault lied with the rest unit/beeper so this would be my next investigation.

I'd like to know what the  '00612  'ignition 4 output' actually refers to however as this would steer me into the right direction ...anyone know please ?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robzrr

• nige8021

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

I would get the codes re-read with a VAG based code reader like VCDS as the 5 digit codes are not what a car of your year should be giving out it should P/B/U codes 

If you have a look at this https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/207-polos/ you will see your chassis 6R is known as a MK8 on this forum 

OK thanks appreciate the feedback, I'll get it scanned  by a VAG based code reader. My Basic OBDs Error decimal code shows it as '00612' under the ABS section and also error code 0264 shows as  Ignition 4 output so looks like a wring or connection issue but were it it I have yet to find out . I'm trying to source a wiring diagram at present but without luck .

nige8021

Check fuse #9 in fusebox inside the car 

Checked that fuse and  all good . Also checked all wiring I can access too . Booked in for a VAG scan next week so see where I go from there thanks 

Just to close this one out . So, the garage has reset the TPMS with their VAG COM and the light is off but no fault found so all good for now ...unless it repeats itself!

Just now, robzrr said:

Just to close this one out . So, the garage has reset the TPMS with their VAG COM and the light is off but no fault found so all good for now ...unless it repeats itself! Thanks for all your help