Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• C2SLOW

• nige8021

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

Pin 1 on the sensor G44 (Black wire) goes to a 9 pin connector on left side of bulkhead pin 8 then as a Blue/Red wire to pin 43 on ABS unit

pin 2 on the sensor G44 (Brown wire) goes to a 9 pin connector on left side of bulkhead pin 9  then as a Grey/Red wire to pin 42  on ABS unit

Fantastic. Now I have a better chance of finding out where the problem is.

Can you tell me how to locate the 9 pin connector on the bulkhead?

nige8021

You can get at the rear of the connectors by removing the whole dashboard !! or from the engine bay side

1020887025_9N1BulkheadConnectors.jpg.6aabcf09013ebc5f6bcb9d02784e6d28.jpg

Seems the easier option 🙂 

Absolutely! So now I have to follow the harness. I saw it went up under the rear right passenger seat. It there a connector there which I can use to isolate the break?

nige8021
4 hours ago, C2SLOW said:

Absolutely! So now I have to follow the harness. I saw it went up under the rear right passenger seat. It there a connector there which I can use to isolate the break?

No other breaks in the wiring according to the dealer wiring diagrams 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nige,

I found the wire under the rear seat. Cut it and got a tone on both leads to the sensor.

I opened the connector box behind the wiper motor but I can't find a 9 pin connector unless there is pushback on a pin. So I tried them all but no tone. You would not happen to know which of the connectors carry the right rear abs sensor?

Not sure if I can loosen the connecors from the engine bay side or if I need to go through the dash...

20211009_125857.jpg

nige8021

The 9 pin connector you need is the yellow one in your picture I don't know the pin orientation in the connector, but if you look at the connector you removed you should see the Blue/Red & Grey/Red wires so that will tell you what pins on the socket to check for the sensor 

If you need to remove the Yellow connector from that block, then it is from behind the dash.

Perfect Nige. I could see daylight and pedals through the firewall so I guess I could get an arm up there to loosen the yellow connector 😁 Thanks a bunch!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Problem fixed. It was a break in the wire from the rear right abs connector. the wire loom runs alongside the backseat and follows the rockerpanel on the drivers side up to a connector on the firewall. Not sure if my abs sensor was replaced but there is factory type soldering (a molded solder) that connected the sensor to the wire loom. Inside the isolation one of the solder had corroded completely which caused a break in the circuit. A new wire and a little soldering fixed the connection. Then a reset of the fault code and the abs light went out after starting the car as expected. Thanks Nige for the support in fault tracing the problem. 

Kind Regards,

Paul