Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

92 CL Coupe 1.3 5speed

BernieTheBreadvan

BernieTheBreadvan

Pick this absolute weapon up just recently for a price I couldn't say no to.. the plan was to give it a quick flip.

But I now want it for myself and its a little worse for wear so profit ain't gonna happen and its a crime to part such a great wee car.

So....say hello to my next project!

Need to sort the whole front end out. Slam panel, both front cross members and a new grill needed. Nice matching interior would be great too.

So, if you're in northern ireland and have a decent interior, let me now please.

Oh, and it's just a 55bhp I think with 103k miles and a fancy little K&N bolt on air filter.

John.

20211103_110019.jpg

20211031_141613.jpg

20211103_105709.jpg

Edited by BernieTheBreadvan
Added the mk2f tag to it
  • Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BernieTheBreadvan

• steveo3002

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pick this absolute weapon up just recently for a price I couldn't say no to.. the plan was to give it a quick flip.   But I now want it for myself and its a little worse for wear so profit a

yes just a case of take it off one and fit straight onto the other , no mods or cutting involved that i can think off   its basicly what i did to my mk2 but i had to search for all the seper

Posted Images

BernieTheBreadvan

OK so I'm in a bit of mix..

The car is gonna need whole front end, (slam panel gonna be fun to replace) bodywork needs a full paint job, interior is needed... etc etc so it could all start adding up quickly.

The question is, do I just persist and get this little thing on the road again..  or do I pull the 1.3 engine and 5 speed gearbox out and throw it into my 1990 bready with a 1.0 engine and 4 speed box.... if so, is there any niggles to it or is is as simple as I imagine?

Also, a third option... find a garage, put it away and come back to it in 2022.

BernieTheBreadvan

Oh, its a 1992 mk2f in talking about...  this thing!

IMG-20210721-WA0001.jpg

BernieTheBreadvan
3 hours ago, steveo3002 said:

could swap the fuel injection stuff over onto the mk2 

How hard would that be and would it give my mk2 a little bit more power?

steveo3002

just a matter of swapping it all over , need the tank , pumps , fuel lines etc 

would make it a little bit nicer and easier starting etc with the fuel injection , and makes it easier for further upgrades if the injection stuff is already there 

BernieTheBreadvan

I've already got a new tank for the mk2f coupe. The fuel lines and pump I can rob off it as well.

Totally open to all sorts of suggestions as what to do with it..  but a full engine and gearbox swap does have appeal, if its just a case of pulling everything from the mk2 bready and replacing it with the coupes engine and gearbox I could seriously be tempted.

steveo3002

yes just a case of take it off one and fit straight onto the other , no mods or cutting involved that i can think off

its basicly what i did to my mk2 but i had to search for all the seperate parts...but mine is mpi ,  all the fittings for fuel injection are already in place on a mk2 shell   

• Thanks 1
BernieTheBreadvan

Ok so...  massive change in plans.. its beyond a safe repair, I think. Front end is completely wrecked as you can see in the pics.

So, I now have a full donor car. Silver lining eh lol

Anyway, as discussed.. here's the mighty 1.3 engine I want to now throw into my 1990 mk2 bready! All advice and suggestions as what to do are welcomed..   and if anybody in northern ireland needs spares from it, get in touch.

20211110_185056.jpg

20211103_111407.jpg