Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.

1996 VW Polo 1.4cl

bohne_ea

Hi, can anyone help with a price guide? Last week my son was given a Jan 96 "N" regs Polo 1.4 cl by a neighbour to learn to drive. Before he destroys it with fully dice I was wondering what the price is in original condition. Always garaged, 25000 miles and full be service history apart from the last 2 that were  local garage. Passed MOT and service yesterday and perfect condition. Is there  rough price it would be worth in this condition?

dont really see enough mint low milage ones to compare it to  , not really a sought after model either

just taking a guess £2500 or so ...

Thank you , just don't want to ruin a lovely car if he can sell to someone who will appreciate it 

I'd say it's just on the edge of people either appreciating them or them just being forgotten about forever. They are getting scarce fast due to the rust issues a lot of them have, but at the same time, the early Ibiza's just disappeared with absolutely no following at all, so it's a bit hard to say at the moment.

The earlier polos always had a following, but never one that had a lot of money to spend, so we're only now getting to a point where a decent MK2 is worth over a couple of thousand.

Personal opinion, still worth under a grand, but with the potential to go up in a couple of years. 

Thank you, all for your advice. I will try and make sure he keeps it as original as possible whilst we decide what to do