Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.

Vw polo mk2 brake master cylinder

GT-BOB

Hey guys, im looking for a new brake master cylinder for my 1990/91 polo van... every site i go on there all sold out, there's  abosch one on ebay for £150 which I'm not willing to pay... mines the one where the reservoir bottle is located slightly more forward than the other type and has the brake light sensor on the side of it too

Is it 861611019A?

Can find a few on non-UK ebay listings from a quick google. I usually steer clear of ordering from further afield on ebay but if you're not happy going for a pricey bosch piece then it might be the only option.

Edited by zob
Realised everything in my link was sold out...
  • Thanks 1

I think i might have found the last one on ebay thats not stupid money... hopefully it will be the right one haha...

Worth finding the part numbers on something like 7zap and googling those in the future - even just putting the part number into ebay is usually considerably better than looking for the part name along with the car's model. Especially considering so many different cars used the same parts.

21 hours ago, GT-BOB said:

I think i might have found the last one on ebay thats not stupid money... hopefully it will be the right one haha...

Scrap that, theve just cancelled the order because it wasn't in stock... arghhh lol.... thanks for the help guys, I will get it off the car and get the part numbers off it 

do they not offer rebuild kits for these?  

theres also a place called pastparts , they will fit a stainless sleeve and rebuild it , takes a couple of weeks though