Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Lovejoy's 78' Derby LS

Lovejoy

Lovejoy

1978 VW Derby LS

I bought the car in 2004 as a total wreck for £100, all body panels have either been replaced or repaired and the car has been resprayed in the correct Mars Red.

Engine- 1.3 HH with 4 speed box (out of an early mk2 classic)

Chassis- 70mm Lowering kit

Brakes- Standard

Interior- Headrests removed, full retrim in cream vinyl, psp as stereo, alpine amp mounted in the boot

Exterior - Fully restored to standard

Wheels- 13x7 ET20 Smoor Roadsters with 175 50 13 fulda's

Future plans- Some Phil j lowering caps to bring the front down a touch, smooth engine bay, full stainless exhaust and motorbike carbs, cream vinyl ragtop

S5000766.jpg

derby4.jpg

S5000457.jpg

Derby.jpg

S5001038.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovejoy

• jay135

• setch

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Engines now in, to say im happy is an understatement! Im totally buzzing! 

I really need to update this thread, the car is currently getting all the welding finished, it was media blasted last week, and hopefully will be painted in the next couple of months, will add pic lat

Posted Images

heartagram

Wanna swap with mine? Puts mine to shame :(

My fav Derby ever, I don't care if I sound like I'm licking your ring piece :lol:

Wanna swap with mine? Puts mine to shame :(

My fav Derby ever, I don't care if I sound like I'm licking your ring piece :lol:

Cheers mate, your derbys sweet, was a major inspiration when building mine, love the stance. dont think i could ever part with mine tho

heartagram

I keep thinking of parting with mine but then I look ait and can't bare to sell it!

Once shes back on the road all gleaming I know it'll have been worth not selling her!

I keep thinking of parting with mine but then I look ait and can't bare to sell it!

Once shes back on the road all gleaming I know it'll have been worth not selling her!

Yeah mate you cant sell it, you'd so regret it, also it must be lowest mileage mk1 ever!

love this car... my favirite wheels for any early polo... i love this derbys more and more everytime i go in toms one :) whos i ust say is starting to looks alot better ... lowe and wide ;)

grungeisdead

Derby.jpg

that has got to be my fav pic of your polow... i sex wee everytime i see it and the wheels are an amazin touch

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers guys, a few of us went over to belgium for Club Charly's at the weekend, had an ace time and bagged an award while over there, to say I was pleased is an understatement!

win1.jpg

show.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
grungeisdead

man fookin congrats on the win, you car deserves it tho, its one of m y all time faves ever

pass the man size cleenex please

Nice one fella on the the award, I've always said yours is the best and this just confirms it again.

I’ve got to find you at edition to get you to let me have a proper look around your car....one word.............INSPRATION!!!!!!!