Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Light/Dark Mode Enabled: You can now select the option by clicking the moon/lightbulb in the top right corner!

Need help on car amplifier

Guest cornflakes

Am trying to wire up an amp in my car and am haveing to use the (high input wires) as my stereo hasent got the usual round style plugs comeing from the back of it (low input cables)that then go to the amp but am haveing bother not knowing what wire is what on hi input as there is 10 wires in total and the typical aftermarket stereo has 8 wires from the iso plug to the speakers can anyone help out at all ?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calum844

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean ten wires on the amp input but 8 from the head unit. if you have the manual from the amp it should tell you but I'm guessing you dont so check what it says on the amp, will prob be a plug with loose wires outta it. I'm guessing that eight of the are for the main speakers and the last 2 are if you have a sub out cable from your head unit. might be wrong though

If you can put up anything that is written on the amp and make/model no could prob suss it out.

Guest M1 TCH

fuck using the high level input wire.

go to a good local car audio place and buy a speaker to rca converter.

this will allow you to use an amp on any headunit....even standard!!!!

all you do is connect it to your rear speakers (2 wires)...in plug rca cables in as usual....

alternative.......pm me.... i have converters in stock at £12 posted.

mitch

Guest cornflakes

Well I've gone and bought an other head unit one were I can use the amp's low input rather than piss about with hi input wires on my old head unit plus I've never wired an amp useing hi input anyway so rather than beat my self up :retard: am just going to go with what I know on low input

thanks for the offer on the converter tho mitch 8-)

and the amp am uesing is

DXR model : XR-255