Sign in to follow this  
Guest StreetBassScott

MY SUB COOKED ITSELF!

Foxie

fuck me, that SE15 is cheeeeeeeeeeeeap !!! £150 :o thats what second hand ones go for !!

1.6beastie
according to the main man aka mbh69 lol its all to do with the amp settings being too high.

still would like people to find me a new sub! max 787rms at 4 ohms, 15"! thanks

Martin...as it looks like you really know your stuff (Oh and big respect for having that many subs in a Polo!!)...my system packed up recently, just a question I've been running a single 10" Alpine, with the digital pdx 1.6 (500rms into 2 or 4 ohm, 1500 peak) and had the gain on full...would that be anything to do with it not working now??

Wiring/fuses etc are all fine, just no power/bass

Guest scottpolo2001
fuck me, that SE15 is cheeeeeeeeeeeeap !!! £150 :o thats what second hand ones go for !!

what thou shalt be ordering later today :)

Edited by scottpolo2001

mbh69

gain should never be over half on most installs

you clipped the sub to death ;)

Arj

martin would you like a bass competition... ill bring a car down we meet up... we play for SLIPS aswel.. u lose... u give me your keys... i lose you can have mine...how about that...lol

mbh69

lol deal do you actually know that my car was in the top 3 loudest street bassers last year in the country ;)

next year i hope to break 155 db ;)

kerrgreg

Gutted m8 I'm sorry to hear this was looking forward to hearing it! mines just bedding in atm but will be tweaked over the weekend :D

Edited by kerrgreg

Guest scottpolo2001

yeah I'm a tad pissed off.

but it will be replaced by something better!

confused how to wire dual 4 ohm tho to a box :S

Arj

martin do you know who came 1st in UK

Edited by Arj

1.6beastie

Aww, ruuuuub-bish!!!! Thanks Martin & Foxxie! So basically I need a new sub?!

Oops. Crap. Gay. Rubbish. Bumma.

Oh well, maybe I'll get 2 next time!! Feel pretty stupid though! :retard:

1.6beastie

Erm...so do I need to replace the sub?? 'Clipped'...meaning blown? Melted?

mbh69

yeah geoff with the transit connect :)

but when it's finished i should be able to give him a good run for his money ;)

Arj

wots you are DB on nw... u trying to break 155db next year?.. the car I'm brining down is no were near 155db.

mbh69

it should break 155 next year i hope to do over 150 in bass race though

Arj

if someone spent £26,000 on just their Car Audio... would you still go against them

mbh69

yeah but dependsif it's a pure spl car as i know of a few fiat pandas that would piss all over mine on pure spl ;)

but bass race is a whole new ball game and it's not the amount spent on it but how it's been built and installed ;)

best thing they can do is get it to an official comp that way they can prove what it can do not just say it can do it cos such and such a person metered it ;)

Arj

they have been in official comp.. came 1st.. 23 x SPL.. dnt wri about the build.. thats next level.. so are you still in mate..

mbh69

you do know there are different classes and if it wasn't in an official db drag on the term lab sensor the numbers mean nothing and are probably alot higher than they would be in a proper cometition

why not tell me what it's running as theres not much in this country louder than me and plays music ;)

Arj

dnt wori about that... either your in or out mate... but you got to make sure ...u lose... u lose you are car aswell.. no fair in this game... only the bus fair home for you... lolol.. :lol:

mbh69

lol i wouldn't risk my car not knowing what it is but i know theres not much around thats louder and plays music

it's louder than the K&m van on numbers

i'll see what it's hitting when i'v completed the rebuild ;)

Arj

lol. fair enuf .. good luck with the rebuild.. make sure u let me see it when uve finished it lol

jay135

Mr MBH69...you seem like an ice head! i live near to you aswell...could you suggest a few ideas for me....

firstly, i have my subi n my car mounted with the sub facing out to the boot door...however i need a box from somewhere so that i can fit it snug in the corner but the current box it is in is jsut too big to put sideways in the car...where can i get a box so that it will fit in...? cheers mate!

big_k

I've not heard MBH69s motor... lol... but I've seen the videos... lol its unhealthy.... Arj have u ever sat in a 145+ db motor? lol or been near one? lol.... I have... lol I'm not going near it again!

its not about the 26k of equipment but hows its installed...

if its pure spl wer're talking... I'm sure mbh wouldve tuned in the 50s somewhere... 155 and still being able to play music is stupid lol.. no other way of putting it... well i suppose incredible does come to mind...

all this talk of pinkslips lol... if this guy really did that welll.. I'm sure all of us talkaudio members wouldve known of him/her....

oh and mbh i like your batterys lol... u got the alts in yet? 2x210a.. iirc... :lol:

Edited by big_k

mbh69

not yet not had chance to do any on it for a few days but i will as soon as i get chance :)

as for the box just make one but the small box will alter tuning and output ;)