benji69

Polo 6n (1.8t 20v V5)

benji69

and no i ant got any pics at the mo of it further back with the bonnet up but ican sort you 1 out if you really want 1 that much mate :? there just the pics off autotrader when i was looking at it on the net before i bought it except the 1 of the engine bay thats 1 i took myself when i picked it up from the garage.hehe

benji69

a guy who iv used for a cuple of years well my old mans always taken his cars 2 him for serviceing and just general maintainence i dont really know him too well all i know he's pretty old and he has been a mechanic for mercedes and bmw before and he just works for himself now but he seems 2 know his shit apparently he does stuff like cylinder re-bores crankshaft re-grinds u name it he's more of an engineer really.

all together it cost me £905.00p

£480 for the Engine with 71261miles on it from a smashed up A3 Quattro from Donny motorspares thought that was pretty cheap considering iv seen em on ebay for £600 or more

and it was just over £425 for the fitting plus vat took him a few weeks like

but I'm happy now

carver

^ thats seriously cheap.

Some companies charge 4k+ for a conversion like that.

benji69

naa mate id doubt it really mate at all they was not a lot to it aperently he had to change the wiring loom which i han=vnt got the bill for yet :? lol there woz no welding to it sat on my old mounts he said it sat in the engine ba a treat just not much room left lol

tony100
naa mate id doubt it really mate at all they was not a lot to it aperently he had to change the wiring loom which i han=vnt got the bill for yet :? lol there woz no welding to it sat on my old mounts he said it sat in the engine ba a treat just not much room left lol

there must have been some custom work to the engine mounts they dont bolt to the standadpolo 6n mounts? if it does can u tell us how he done it ??prefabl with pics... casue I'm doin a conversion my self on a 6n and only 1 mount lines up with the engine??

Edited by tony100

tobyk

Yes it's all total bollocks

leigh_p
Yes it's all total bollocks

You sir have a way with words :lol:

benji69

at the end of the day people I'm sayn what the guy has told me i wunt come on here wanting to say all this just for a joke I'm telling you roughly what he told me

i didnt want an introspective crying session of how he converted my car engine.i just wanted to give him the cash and see how it was.

untill i was enjoying it to much and burnt the brakes out,and had to ask for some guidance on brakes to save me money and that it would be both right and safe,got it sorted thank you to the users who helped me,then people was intrested in my conversion and tried to help them on it roughly what i knew.

I'm not to pervy about 6n's i dnt know engine model codes and chassis numbers or special editions what they made,i just like the car to look at and enjoy driving and as iv always wanted to do something like this and I'm a diesel engineer myself so i find engines and things like this intresting.at the end of the day its outside my house in my drive

benji69

and oh yeh you clever little sandel sniffing bastard my mate wants to convert his 8v aswel fucking sad pervy nice person!! :-)

r-y-e

i didnt think 16v wheels was big enough for 280mm g60 brakes i changed my wheels for bbs split rims off a 6n2 gti

sc00byd00byd00
i didnt think 16v wheels was big enough for 280mm g60 brakes i changed my wheels for bbs split rims off a 6n2 gti

Standard 16v wheels are 14's (well they are in the picture) and DEFINATELY will not fit 280mm discs under them, I know, I tried. Thats why I eventually bought a Polo 16v with Solitudes !!

LoweredPolo.jpg

Mines now lowered on AP Coilovers, and you might just be able to see the 180's under them front rims, and for those that can't..........

22022009801.jpg

Not being funny mate, but it sounds like whoever did your conversion left you in a death trap by not doing the brakes, that really should have been done first if you were on a budget.

P.S got 153mph out of it the other day its unreal i can get 0-60 in less than 5 seconds as in the A3 quattro its 7.5secs,its mindblowing ILOve it!!!!

Yes, an A3 1.8T Quattro Sport can do 0-62 in 7.5 seconds, but thats mainly due to the 4wd, the standard fwd 180bhp A3 1.8T takes 8.2 secs....... therefore meaning that its slower as it can't get traction, so i'm not sure I believe your sub 5 sec tims unless you have a trick LSD fitted ??

The Quattro's top speed is 140mph and the fwd's is 135mph, so unless you've had it chipped, I doubt it will do 153mph unless your clocks are well out, but that could be something to do that your running on 14's still, as could the 0-62 time

In all seriousness mate, if you have had this conversion done, and you are pushing your car past the 120mph mark, unless you want to end up in a coffin (and the likelyhood is that you will, probably taking somebody else with you in the process) I seriously suggest you upgrade the stopping and handling abilities of your car before you have anymore "enthusiastic" drives :lol:

Thats why I did the brakes on mine first (cos the std ones are cr4p), then the handling, and then i'll look at improving the usable power as a last stage......

Just my 2p worth (sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I have had to many friends over the years get seriously injured, and even lost a mate :-( all because of cheap shoddy engine conversions done by people that aren't intelligent enough to think about stopping power when increasing the performance of an engine, and then the driver thinks their car is invincible and comparable to the likes of Elises & Mclaren SLR's etc......)

polo6n2g40

why is that pic of the engine bay a red mk4 golf??? mounts, custom down pipe, hoses, gearbox, driveshafts etc etc have to be modded. i think someone is telling porkies.

iirc corrado vr6's are 5 stud and they will not go under a 14" rim!

Guest 95PoloMint
why is that pic of the engine bay a red mk4 golf??? mounts, custom down pipe, hoses, gearbox, driveshafts etc etc have to be modded. i think someone is telling porkies.

x2

leigh_p
and oh yeh you clever little sandel sniffing bastard my mate wants to convert his 8v aswel fucking sad pervy nice person!! :-)

Belive that is aimed at me :)

Should have made your self clearer.

But also i belive the term is...Put up or STFU!! :)

So ill keep Quite and wait for you to pove me wrong.. :roll:

polo6n2g40

unless someone is going to prove me very wrong or his first posts are wholey inaccurate i'm willing to make a wager that car (if it even his) has not got a 20vt lump!

the pic is a mk4 golf engine bay

you need custom

mounts

loom

driveshaft

downpipe

ic pipework

water pipes for header tank

cannot run std airbox

to name but a few things

i'm a capable mechanic and welder as well as former small time auto electrician and there is no way i could do that conversion for that money, you'd be lucky to get an engine box and loom for under £550 then add all the little bits and mounts etc and you're looking at a tidy some.

plus the fact if the bloke hasn't done the brakes i assume he's left the standard suspension which when you drop the 1.8t in the front would have a nose down stance - unlike the level stance in his pics.

polo6n2g40

oh i see it was from a quattro a3? so you also got a suitable fwd box for that money too? hahahahahahaha!

sc00byd00byd00

Its the.........

title-14.jpg

leigh_p
oh i see it was from a quattro a3? so you also got a suitable fwd box for that money too? hahahahahahaha!

Prob Converted it to 4wd... :roll:

spilz

I've heard hes got wings for it too, and flies all around the world.

tony100
unless someone is going to prove me very wrong or his first posts are wholey inaccurate i'm willing to make a wager that car (if it even his) has not got a 20vt lump!

the pic is a mk4 golf engine bay

you need custom

mounts

loom

driveshaft

downpipe

ic pipework

water pipes for header tank

cannot run std airbox

to name but a few things

i'm a capable mechanic and welder as well as former small time auto electrician and there is no way i could do that conversion for that money, you'd be lucky to get an engine box and loom for under £550 then add all the little bits and mounts etc and you're looking at a tidy some.

plus the fact if the bloke hasn't done the brakes i assume he's left the standard suspension which when you drop the 1.8t in the front would have a nose down stance - unlike the level stance in his pics.

Think you naw officaly own this bloke!!!! hahahahaha lmfao

classic

Lol this guy got ruined.