Sign in to follow this  
Yeti

Thought these square light jobbies were meant to be rare?

Yeti

DSC00294.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

prankstar2003

The one on the left isn't original looking at it. No bonnet strip and no 'proper' grille. I could do such a conversion with the spares I have stashed away. But it'd look gash like that! :lol:

Yeti

Nope, both original Y-reg's. The one on the left's lost it's trim over the years and had the silver taken off it's badge.

erixtar1992

Gotta love square lights!!!!

prankstar2003

Really? Where did you find them?

Yeti

I bought one as a spares car and couldn't bring myself to kill it. We were given the other one in leiu of rent for unit space. Didn't realise we'd got twins til yesterday!

Karl
The one on the left isn't original looking at it. No bonnet strip and no 'proper' grille. I could do such a conversion with the spares I have stashed away. But it'd look gash like that! :lol:

I can assure you the one on the left is a bona fide square lamp. It's Monaco blue like yours, and is still sporting the 1093 mechanical headed engine along with the blue and white checked interior.

Loon_zps01ba3a76.jpg

It's slowly being smartened up, then it'll be re-homed to someone on here hopefully.

It was a bit gutting to see it'd lost its bonnet trim, and the chrome on the lower part of the grille has tarnished with age, but the main parts are there anyway.

erixtar1992

they both need eyebrow spoilers :lol:

Jake
they both need eyebrow spoilers :lol:

They look gay.... eyebrow spoilers I mean :)

They look like a couple of nice derby's

MaxGT

Eyebrow spoliers :lol:

I'll take it when its up for sale 8-)

prankstar2003

Don't suppose you'd consider selling one of those interiors? My drivers seat is a little shabby and I could do with a decent seat to replace it with. Will pay good money and/or find a replacement for you

Yeti

The seat's pretty rough in mine as well to be fair. If I go to doing a resto on it, I'll be needing some cloth myself.

prankstar2003

Are both seats fecked though? Could also do with a rear bench. If you change your mind, let me know please. Biggest thing letting the interior down ATM

Gaz

The one on the right was on ebay wasn't it? My brother alerted me to it and it went for quite a low price certainly worth it in spares I imagine.

Yeti

To an extent, yeah. I bought it to break up, then when it arrived I got faced with a moral dilemma. Didn't expect the poor little dented thing to be rock solid, so I didn't have the heart to kill it.

Too good to chop up, but needing bodywork that I've not got the skill and time to do well. So I'm hoping someone'll give me what it's cost me and I'll give them all the parts I can rummage out that they'll need to sort her.

heartagram

The one on P-slots looks cool. Always loved that colour. Used to be one near where I lived and tried to buy it a few time but the girl who owned it just loved it too much. Wasn't a polo person, or even a car person. She just liked that particular car.

v-dub-ee-dan
To an extent, yeah. I bought it to break up, then when it arrived I got faced with a moral dilemma. Didn't expect the poor little dented thing to be rock solid, so I didn't have the heart to kill it.

I think if it was chopped up there would be a mob coming hunting you down :ninja::lol:

defo keep an eye on this if it comes up to be sold tho ;) PM me a price if you have one in mind :D

Edited by v-dub-ee-dan