Classifieds - We'd like to remind everyone that we do not handle any transactions on the forums. If there is a car or part that you've seen or selling, you press the contact advertiser and then talk via PM's. If you're offered money please do so via CASH or PAYPAL and meet in person. You'll receive an email notifying you that you have a PM, you must return to the forums and answer the PM (Private Message) NOT THROUGH YOUR EMAILS!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
babyanez

How much should I be expecting to pay for a harlequin?

6 posts in this topic

I have always wanted a harlequin as they are so different and rare! How much are they actually worth in good or poor condition? I have seen a couple for sale the last year and the prices vary greatly and they always seem to stay on ebay for quite away as if people aren't paying the money that is asked..?

Thanks in advance

-Shane

Overall you have to remember that's its still only a mk4 (6n) polo at heart, therefore I'd go off the price of a pretty clean 6n (around £1000-1200) which are getting harder to find and perhaps a little bit more for it being a harlequin.

That said, if there's any rust, anywhere, I wouldn't pay over £1k for it, no matter what it is, chasing the galloping tin worm across a 6n can be expensive...

10 hours ago, jonPDpolo said:

Overall you have to remember that's its still only a mk4 (6n) polo at heart, therefore I'd go off the price of a pretty clean 6n (around £1000-1200) which are getting harder to find and perhaps a little bit more for it being a harlequin.

That said, if there's any rust, anywhere, I wouldn't pay over £1k for it, no matter what it is, chasing the galloping tin worm across a 6n can be expensive...

The guy want's a minimum of 3k for it.. I guess ill pass then :) thanks for the help :) It's just a totally standard one it's on ebay atm.

9 hours ago, babyanez said:

The guy want's a minimum of 3k for it.. I guess ill pass then :) thanks for the help :) It's just a totally standard one it's on ebay atm.

Oh that one; yeah tbh he's dreaming a bit with £3k, perhaps £2k at a push but like I said you have to remember that the standard car its based on isn't worth much...

I've just had this with the mk2 Scirocco I've just sold to get my G40, quite possibly a unicorn car with it being the only mk2 Scirocco that had a RE2000 8V conversion done to the engine by GTi Engineering in the early 90's (makes it very rare indeed).  When I came to sell it, I priced it the same as a decent k-jet car as despite the extra bits, its still only a Mk2 Scirocco which isn't worth that much and got told continuously I was selling it too cheap... 

10 minutes ago, jonPDpolo said:

Oh that one; yeah tbh he's dreaming a bit with £3k, perhaps £2k at a push but like I said you have to remember that the standard car its based on isn't worth much...

I've just had this with the mk2 Scirocco I've just sold to get my G40, quite possibly a unicorn car with it being the only mk2 Scirocco that had a RE2000 8V conversion done to the engine by GTi Engineering in the early 90's (makes it very rare indeed).  When I came to sell it, I priced it the same as a decent k-jet car as despite the extra bits, its still only a Mk2 Scirocco which isn't worth that much and got told continuously I was selling it too cheap... 

A g40 sounds amazing :P but thank you for the input i think you saved me from a stupid mistake/investment! 

2 minutes ago, babyanez said:

A g40 sounds amazing :P but thank you for the input i think you saved me from a stupid mistake/investment! 

By all means don't be deterred from getting one, I helped Rob put his together (in a limited capacity but still helped) which is in the mk4 build threads (https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/347273-harlekin-rebuild-my-resto-mod-this-is-harleface/)  

The thing with the 6n's is that they're not likely to go up in value much as time progresses, if you were specifically looking for a polo to invest in, I'd be looking at mk3 G40's, mk1/2/3 saloons, mk1 polo or a very clean mk2 (there's a decent mars red one for sale on the FB group at the moment which could be a good shout)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• babyanez
      By babyanez
      Hello 

I just bought a 6n2 tdi! However it doesn't have fog lights. I have just bought some for the car. Reading online I see some people mention the wiring should already be in place? I have pulled the front grills off and can't find any pre existing wiring for fog lights? Has anyone else done this before here who could offer some guidance?

Kind Regards
      -Shane
    • Alex&his6n2
      By Alex&his6n2
      Hi everyone!
      My name is Alex and im new to club polo, i drive a flash red 5 door 6n2 polo and i love it!
      ive had the car for a while now and have started to do some modifications to get it how i want it to look, i am on a student budget so coilovers will have to wait until i can save up - anyway, here is my build thread so far!

So the little polo had been sat for years in a bush with a broken gearbox and plants growing all over it, until i came along and with help from friends and family we got her a new box and got her on the road. This is her stock on standard steelies - such a pretty little machine!

First thing i new i wanted was wheels, so my dad got in touch with a mate and managed to get me some BBS RAs - from a mk2 golf gti!
      Then i decided to paint a few things. First i did my front grill black to make it stand out a bit more - i also painted my front splitter red to make the bumper look a bit smoother, what a difference that made!

i got a hold of some new door speakers for free so i installed those with new grates - they sound way better than my standard ones

i thought my front end could do with an added touch so i took the 16v badge from my engine cover and glued it to my grill - looking good!

also got a guy on facebook to photoshop my car slammed! Its gonna look so good!

hopefully i will remember to upload some more photos as the build progresses! Or simply follow me on instagram @alex.6n2 ??

• michaeldc
      By michaeldc
      For sale from the end of August when my insurance runs out. Bit of history, I bought the car in 2014 and it had a fair few problems but I've spent thousands on it and it runs very well now. Had a minor issue recently but changing out the coil pack, air filter and spark plugs have seen it run impeccably since. Wheels in great shape and alloys in good condition. Full VR6 leather seats inside. Electrical's all in good shape. As with all cars of this age, new things crop up but I can honestly say that the way it's driven over the last month has been an absolute dream.

Rear bumper has a dent in it near the drivers side rear wheel but it doesn't come close to the wheel and doesn't make any difference to driving it. Cosmetically it's in great shape overall with good paint work, minimal rust spots or dings. I call it a 6 footer because from 6 feet away it looks really great(!), I even had the paint work professionally detailed and worked on a couple of years ago when I had more money than sense.

Any questions please let me know. It'll be available to view in the last 2 weeks of August in Manchester providing I don't crash it in the meantime! Believe the MOT runs until 5th November 2017- last one had no advisories on it.
        Replaced lower power steering pipe - 93,000 miles
      New battery - 93,000 miles
      Fixed all electrical issues - 93,000 miles
      Replaced broken N/S indicator- 93,000 miles
      Full service on 16th August
      Replaced timing belt, tensioner, water pump - 93,000 miles
      Brake discs, pads and spark plugs - 93,500 miles
      Replaced full exhaust - 94,500 miles
      Replaced O/S front suspension arm - 94,500 miles
      MOT passed - 94,500 miles
      Oil leak fixed - 94,550 miles
      Rear brake imbalance realigned - 94,800 miles
      Replaced Camshaft - 98,000 miles
      Replaced hydraulic lifters in engine - 98,000 miles
      MOT passed - 99,200 miles
      Full service on 24th February
      Replaced Starter Motor (w/ Delco Remy) - 100,000
      Replaced Oil Sump - 100,000
      Wiper blades changed (w/ Bosch) -100,000 miles
      All new continental wheels - 102,000 miles
      Replaced coil pack, air filter, spark plugs - 103,000 miles

Modifications / Upgrades
        Golf MK3 VR6 Front leather seats w/ headrests
      Rear leather seats w/ headrests and armrest
      Alloy Wheels (refurbished February 2015)
      Parking sensors
      Sony stereo with bluetooth
      Remote central locking
      Car mats and Dashboard grip pad added
      Door pins, gear knob, steering wheel and roof strips replaced with 6N2 versions
      Seat Arosa MK1 centre console with cup holders

• Damian Otto
      By Damian Otto
      Hi Guys 

Haven't done a build thread before so if its a bit all over place im sorry.

So bought this about 2 weeks ago now.

Polo 6n 1.4 8v in red, had 2 owners since new and has full service history, 85000 miles and not to bad condition.

now i had bought a 6n a little while ago to break for parts 

bought for £200 and manged to get off it 
      - 6n2 gti wheels with 4 good tyres
      - coilovers
      -Tinted rear lights
      -clear side lights
      - smoked side indicators
      - and a few other random bits for another project of mine 

so all in all money well spent, ended up making £100 on the car and still manged to keep all the parts above 

I also managed to get hold of a set of Stuttgart wheel that i had been looking for ages for at a really good price, so had quite a few things already to get me started.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So anyway back to the car, so bought the car like this at 12 on Saturday 

Got to have a quick look back 

then 5 hours later after fitting everything i had it looked like this 

Happy with everything so far but needed more, a lot more!

Had a few problems with the rear rubbing like a bitch so had to go back to the drawing board.
      Ended up finding so 16v bumpers, front, rear and spoiler all for £50 but needed some serious TLC as the paint was F$$cked.
      Managed to get the back and fitted the rear one which ended up going on like a dream no issues what so ever. While i had the rear up i thought ill add a little camber not to much (will add better pics soon) 

Painted it up just roughly because car is getting completely re sprayed soon just didn't want to drive round with a grey bumper. (Again more pics to be added shortly)

Now what happened next took me by surprise.......

to be continued